I’m trying to find the silver lining in a 10 day weather forecast that doesn’t show any temperatures above freezing. I know there must be one. Oh, yes! I can dig in to my plans for 2018 (and daydream about spring a little while I’m at it.).
This year, I’m going to be working on one large skill-building project each month. Don’t worry – I’ll still be blogging about easy and fun projects. But you can look forward to following along as I cover some new territory as well. Here’s my month-to-month plan:
- January – Marfy Blouse
- February – Style Arc Pants
- March – Easter Dress
- April – Backpack
- May – Couture Dress
- June – Rashguards
- July – Lace Dress
- August – Jeans
- September – Vintage Patterns
- October – Halloween Costume
- November – Winter Coat
- December – Holiday Finery
Do you do New Year’s resolutions? I have a few sewing goals I would like to meet this year. Let’s call them resolutions and make it official.
- Keep up with alterations and repairs. By the end of January, I will get to the bottom of my mending pile.
- Upcycle more. Repurpose or rehabilitate those fabric items that need a new life.
- Incorporate trims, embellishments, and decorative techniques in my designs.
I have a few goals for SeeCindySew as well.
- Bring you great images of works in process and finished items by improving my photography.
- Establish a regular schedule for posts.
Last year, my goal was to get organized. I’m checking that one off. Now I just need to keep it like this! Did I ever mention I love blue tape?
Do you have sewing goals this year?
Happy new year, readers! And happy sewing as well!